Social Media Links (Exhaustive dropdowns)

Just a suggestion, would it be possible to add more social media platforms to the link section?

TikTok, Reddit etc

Understandably it might be too early to include platforms such as Hive and Mastodon - but it’d be great to have the choice to promote them if you use them.

I also understand the concern with channels having a million (over exaggeration) little icons under their stream. However, 3-4 dropdowns under the ‘Socials’ section would allow users to promote their favoured platforms.

Thanks

Was thinking about doing the same suggestion soon. Maybe do something similar that Youtube has where you can paste any social media link and it uses the favicon icon on your profile as a hyperlink? So there wouldn’t be like 12 social medias listed in the settings of your account.

1 Like

Ahhh you’re right, that would be a much better system than dropdown boxes.

I suppose it just depends on whether Glimesh are happy to use the favicons instead of ‘Glimified’ icons for other platforms.

100% prefer your suggestion though.

Screenshot 2022-12-04 142335

1 Like

Blockquote I suppose it just depends on whether Glimesh are happy to use the favicons instead of ‘Glimified’ icons for other platforms.

Yeah, it would favor function over design of the site since the favicons would not follow the style/theme of the Glimified icons. But it also could allow people to work on Glimified icons since every site would be now available to link. Once again it depends on what the people directly involved with Glimesh think of it.

1 Like

I think the long-term intent is to verify that the user owns each account by having them log into it (like we do with twitter. With an “exhaustive” list of social links, this would be an exhaustive, and unmaintainable, amount of work.

2 Likes

Hmm yeah if that’s the intentions of the platform, I could see that being a stumbling block.

Although, streamers could just promote these platforms in their bios as a link without verifying ownership. (With the negative that there’d be no logo directly under the video player.) But they do that now anyway.