Glimesh Partnership - A Discussion

Hello everybody!

Since almost the very beginning of the platform and continuing up until today, there have always been people who have insisted that Glimesh needs some sort of partnership program. While it isn’t something we have a hard stance against, we definitely won’t be implementing any such system unless and until we can find a way to make it fit in with our ethos, our values, and our goals.

We are a platform that values every member of the community, whether they are having their first stream or are career streamers with thousands of dedicated followers. One of the stated goals of Glimesh is to give all people a fair shot and treat everybody equally across the board. We also do not hold website features or abilities behind metrics, nor do we sort by any metrics. We instead offer every single creator the same tools and opportunities to allow them to build and curate the channel that they want to have and find their own success, in whatever they measure that.

Keeping these things in mind, I have trouble finding an effective way to implement any sort of partnership program. First and foremost, one thing we absolutely want to avoid is creating “classes” of streamers where there is even the perception of one group being “better than” or “above” another. We also don’t want to artificially withhold some feature or tool, requiring creators to hit an arbitrary metric (that we historically have not cared about) all of the sudden.

Now, to the point of this post - there has been almost 2 years worth of discussion at this point. Keeping in mind the points above, what are your thoughts? Can you imagine a way that it could possibly work? What would you like to see out of a partnership program? Please add your feedback, ideas, suggestions, questions, or anything else below! I’d love to see a big community discussion about this. Maybe it will generate some good ideas than can lead to something for the platform! I appreciate you all <3

Paco

Partnerships programs in my experience provide a level of exclusivity which segregates a group from another group, I believe your intentions are on point to be very very cautious about any type of program that offers a streamer big or small an “edge” over other streamers. That being said as Glimesh grows it will become unavoidable that there will be Glimesh Users who want to be more than just a streamer or a viewer.

So as a starting foundation it may be better to look more for mentors/ambassadors who give back to the Glimesh community and help promote the platform. On other platforms I have seen partners getting angry/upset when other partners talk in their chat or non partners tag them on social media. To stay away from this using a more mentorish (I know it’s not a word) role would eliminate the negativity and promote a more approachable presence as a whole.

Where these would differ from GCT is that GCT is support directly on Glimesh whilst Mentors would be teaching/helping, holding events, promoting Glimesh virtually and physically.

Criteria wise maybe have it as a nomination process that requires a certain number to hit then is reviewed by Glimesh staff and interviewed to outlay the role.

Incentive wise, glimesh merch (hoodies, t-shirts, hats) always goes down well. A custom emblem to show you are an ambassador and then early access to test new features. Monetary wise maybe a 60/40 or 70/30 split on subs.

Hope this helps out in some way and I have more ideas if you want to talk.

Just to quickly clarify for ChrisGTV there already is a 60/40 split for all subs

To pull in my comment from Twitter, I agree on an ambassador/mentor setup, that has as minimal impact on seperating creators from others, but does more to highlight them as important members of the community.

A way to recognize those who go out of there way to create and promote, a positive environment on the platform, as well as upholding the core values of glimesh.

As for incentives and appreciation for those ppl it may be hard, but things like early beta testing of features like the app for example, could definitely fit in there.

1 Like

Yes apologies I forgot it was already 60/40. Just to further 1 of my points as well, I just logged on twitter and saw this

2 Likes

I’m going to say that based on my research and experience, partnerships and segregated levels of streamership (it’s now a word, I insist) are only going to bring out the worst in a lot of people, which will damage the credibility of the streamers and Glimesh. I think what we have now is fine.

That being said, streaming mentors (StreaMentors?) and creators helping out with that adds a touch of class and takes some of the load off the GCT. Have a basic question on OBS? A StreaMentor can help you out.) Got one on policy? If the StreaMentor can’t help, they can point you to the GCT. It’s a way to increase notice for some while not sacrificing what Glimesh currently has or inadvertently turning people into monsters.

2 Likes

i don’t think we can have partners without segregating classes.

If streamers want a challenge, rather than just recognition, then I think there are other ways we can incentivize those who are interested, to work harder and be better streamers, however they may define that. If streamers want something to work towards - a target to define their own success - then I think there a better ways to implement such things without giving them some sort of elitist label to hang over the heads of other streamers

3 Likes