Follower List Management

What is Follower List Management?

Follower List Management is a way for streamers to remove followers they don’t want on their channel anymore.

Why is this needed?

When we get a troll account following the channel that we no longer want following, we can go to our followers list and click a button to remove the follower without notifying the viewer.

Examples?

Twitter has the option to remove a follower by going to your Followers Page, click the 3 dots and select “Remove this follower”

Another tool that does this is CommanderRoot’s Twitch Follower Remover

Additional Context:

This is very useful for when a channel gets follow botted or getting rid of people we don’t want around anymore.

Anything else?

I would gladly like everyone’s opinion on this.

It would certainly be possible. The API has support for follow/unfollow via user IDs. I had that in my bot a while back so I’m sure the site could add a button via chat or something.

Personally, if I have a problem with a troll/harassment I would just ban them but if you don’t want to draw attention to it I could see this coming in handy.

Personally, if I have a problem with a troll/harassment I would just ban them but if you don’t want to draw attention to it I could see this coming in handy.

While I love the idea in general - I really do - I don’t think it’s feasible. A motivated enough troll/cyberstalker/cyberbully is going to keep at it. I have one that’s been following me all over the place and when I ban him, he just gets more creative. I think better moderation is ultimately the key for this, though I am not by any means against more moderation tools.

I 100% understand the situation now.

Definitely. We need to be well prepared.

This will result in people thinking glimesh is broken – “I can see so-n-so is live, and I know 100% that I followed them, but I didn’t get notified!”. They are the one who followed, and they are the only one who should be able to unfollow. following the stream has no real impact on you except for notifying others when you are live. If you don’t want certain people around your stream then ban them, its as simple as that. I agree with Shinzakura - moderation is key

I 100% agree with you. I should have thought this thought but I failed to do so.