Community made Glimdrop emotes

Hi All,

I created this topic for anyone who has designed custom glimdrop emotes that could potentially be included on the Live website.

Prior to the website going Live, I had designed a few that are currently available within the Discord group and I am happy for them to be included on the Live if deemed suitable.

3 Likes

Glimtrain
20210108_133343
Glimfail

Glimcute

2 Likes

I may as well throw these here as well (SVGs are available for all of them).

May as well throw in the six that I made for public consumption. Hell, I already know one streamer’s using one of them.
glimbreezy
glimdrop_sings
glimfreegroovy
glimfreestar
glimpallet
Glimrockin'

May as well throw in the six that I made for public consumption…

If you are submitting these for use on glimesh - remember, this is “building glimesh” site after all - they need to match the glimdrop design. I don’t mean to discourage you, but there are design standards that need to be met for use on glimesh, just like there are coding standards for glimesh. With the exception of the star and paint palette, your glimdrops are the wrong shape (think water drop, not jelly bean), and the shading/highlights are the wrong color. I hope that is constructive feedback, I’m not trying to be the bad guy here :slightly_smiling_face:

As a more general note, I believe emotes also need to be square for the emoji picker, need to be SVG, and should be clear even at a small size (plz correct me if I’m wrong)

Hi Cykotiq, Thank you for advice on the file configuration, I have now converted my images into .svg files, however I am unable to submit them here as this forum does not allow .svg uploads.

In regards to this, would you advise that the images should be sent to support@glimesh.tv for consideration to be included on site?

no, that’s for support.
…sorry I don’t have a more complete answer for you :man_shrugging:

I don’t have a strong answer either, currently there’s no particular process especially pending the CLA for Contributions conversation.

Maybe for now we start a thread for each Glimdrop? It could get noisy but it’ll be easier to track changes we need to make, and the data we need to collect for it.

Let’s try it out, submit a new thread with a single Glimdrop you created in it. We’ll need the recommended Glim name, the raw SVG file, and your permission to use it on the site. If that works well, we can make that as a process!